Through public, paid and other events, Jacobian Engineering is committed to keeping the public, partners, customers and colleagues informed about information security.
- Wednesday, May 10 2017 1:00pm CDT – Building Layers of Security for IoT & Embedded Medical Devices. A seminar presented by Erik D. Jones at the HITRUST 10th Anniversary Conference, Dallas, Texas, Austin Room 1-3
- Wednesday, May 10 2017 6:30pm to 9:00pm PST – Jacobian Engineering will host the NorCal HIMSS Chapter meeting featuring the topic Improving Patient Experience Through Healthcare IT – presented by Barbara Loveless of Sonifi Health. Please join us at 815 Alice Street, Oakland, CA 94607, for more details and to register for the event at HIMSS NorCal Meetup
- Thursday January 26, 2017 6:30pm – Oakland InfoSec Meetup Group hosted at Jacobian Headquarters. The topic of the night will be AWS Security Best Practices. Beer, pizza, and soda provided.
- Thursday November 17, 2016 from 6pm to 9pm PST (UTC-8) – Erik D. Jones, CEO of Jacobian Engineering, will be presenting HIPAA Compliance & HITRUST at the ISC^2 San Francisco Chapter meet-up at Symantec, 303 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 http://www.isc2-sf-chapter.org/hitrust-hipaa-pizza/
- Wednesday, November 23, 2016 from 12pm to 12:45pm PST (UTC-8) – Mayor Libby Schaaf will be at the Jacobian Engineering Headquarters located at 815 Alice Street, Oakland CA 94607 for a ribbon cutting ceremony. Please join us along with Mayor Libby for this event by registering at Eventbrite.
- Monday to Thursday, November 7-10 from 9:00am PDT (UTC-7) to 5:00pm – Jacobian is hosting an ISC^2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Certification training session. This is a paid event. Details can be found at Eventbrite.
- Tuesday November 1, 2016 from 1:00pm to 1:30pm PDT (UTC-7) – Join us at the AWS Pop-up Loft for Information Security Week! Jacobian will present a case-study on building a HIPAA compliant application for Performance Clinical Systems using AWS. More details to follow. The AWS SF Loft is located at 925 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103. Contact us for more details or visit
- Monday, October 24, 2016 @ 4:00pm PDT (UTC-7) – Erik D. Jones, CEO of Jacobian Engineering, is a guest on Bay Area Ventures, a radio show sponsored by Wharton Business School. Tune in on SiriusXM Channel 111 to learn more about Jacobian Engineering.
- Friday, September 16, 2016 – Jacobian presents a session on “Protecting Healthcare Data – HIPAA Compliance & HITRUST” at the Healthcare Financial Management Association’s fall conference in Concord, CA. https://hfma-nca.org/HFMAMembers/SharedFiles/2016FallConference.pdf
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016 – Jacobian presents a “Lunch and Learn” webinar on “HITRUST, ePHI and HIPAA compliance” sponsored by the Healthcare Financial Management Association. https://hfma-nca.org/HFMAMembers/SharedFiles/HITRUSTandePHI.pdf
- Wednesday, May 18, 2016 – Jacobian presents a “Lunch and Learn” webinar on “HITRUST, ePHI and HIPAA compliance” sponsored by the Healthcare Financial Management Association. https://hfma-nca.org/HFMAMembers/SharedFiles/HITRUSTandePHI.pdf
Our 1,800 square foot event space may also be available to host events related to information security, technology or events that promote community support.
Contact us for more information.